President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM and led the flag salute. She welcomed new members, and noted that many recipients of PCPOA grants were present. Board members present were Carolyn Levitski, Annamarie Padula, Barbara Jones and Kathy Hamilton.
The minutes from the June meeting were presented. Annamarie Padula moved, and Barbara Jones seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Annamarie Padula reported that the June beginning balance was $14,573.20 and that expenses were $88.50 and income was $80.00. The June ending balance was $14,564.70. Motion to accept the report was made by Barbara Jones, seconded by Carolyn Levitski. Motion approved. Financial report attached.
Membership: Marlene Pierce reported current membership at over 800.
Roads and Traffic—Marlene Pierce reported that Caltrans would be doing rock removal along Highway 243 at Dead Man’s curve and that the highway would be closed to all traffic between 8 and 3 on July 6.
CSA 38 –Annamarie reported CSA 38 would be having a meeting on July 13.
PCWD Thanks to the water district for a fine customer appreciation bar-b-que and 70th anniversary celebration.
MDP—Mike Feyder that the group would be handing out 500 whistles during the July 4 parade.
· Donations: Ten member approved donations were made to various groups on the hill. An additional gift was approved for Jay Mulder for his yearlong service.
2016 Donations ARF $600
PC Fire Stn,23 $1,000
HELP Center $1.500
Idyllwild Area Hist. Soc. $1,000
Idyllwild Scholarship Fund $600
Idyllwild School Booster Club $500
Mountain Disaster Preparedness $1,500
Mile High Radio Club $100
Greater Idyllwild Tree Lighting $500
Jay Mulder $100
· Free Services: Annamarie reminded that the AMR has a fine home service by preregistering medical/health info in case of emergency and that the fire station offers residents a free reflective address sign.
· Mile High Radio Club: Bill Tell reminded people to tune in to WNKI AM 1610 for hill information, and gave an update on club upgrade activities.
· Idyllwildemergency.com--Mike Feyder reminded members to check the MDP web site for info on emergencies.
· Nomination Committee is needed. None volunteered.
Hospitality—Thanks to Barbara Jones for the coffee and treats.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:25 AM
Next PCPOA meeting: August 6, 2016 at 9:00 AM at the Pine Cove fire station.