President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM and led the flag salute. She welcomed new members. Board members present were, Carolyn Levitski, Barbara Jones, and Annamarie Padula
Minutes The minutes from the March meeting were presented. Annamarie Padula moved, and Barbara Jones seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report—Annamarie Padula presented the treasurer’s report. The March starting balance was $13,300.46. Income was $260.00, and no expenses. The ending balance for March was $13,548.46. Barbara Jones moved and Carolyn Levitski seconded a motion to approve the report. Motion passed.
Membership: Membership to date is 800.
CSA 38 and MAST--Marge Muir: A meeting will be held Wednesday, April 12. Determining a location for the chipper and shredder/masticator and deciding how to relocate/dispose of the old engine will be on the agenda. A MAST meeting is scheduled for the second Wednesday at 1:30 PM at the nature center. The Snow Visitor group will meet Saturday, April 8 at 1:00 PM at the Nature Center to discuss issues and solutions to the snow visitor problems.
MDP--Thom Wallace: The calendar of events for the year has been formalized. More information will be coming.
· Propane prices are listed in the Town Crier periodically. Call your provider for newer information. No discounts are currently being given by the companies.
· Reminder of the Lilac Walk and Art to be held on Saturday, April 29. Locals may go for free on any day other than the festival/tea day.
· Please consider Idyllwild/Pine Cove groups for the PCPOA 2017 donations.
· A new location for the 2017 holiday pot luck dinner will be announced
· Nancy Borchers shared a petition for having a satellite medical clinic in Idyllwild. Those signing were expressing a desire to have such a center.
· Shannon Ng, librarian at the Idyllwild Branch Library, spoke about the terrific S.T.E.A.M program for youths at the library. She showed samples of the products the kids have produced using the 3-D printer and other tools.
· AMR representatives gave a presentation on the Community Health Program for Pine Cove residents. The program is free and provides in home services when needed. For more information, call 951 765 3918
Meeting adjourned at 9:50
Hospitality—Thanks to Barbara Jones and Marlene for treats.
Next PCPOA meeting: May 6, 2017 at 9:00 AM at the Pine Cove fire station.