President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM and led the flag salute. Board members present were, Carolyn Levitski, Barbara Jones, Richard Schwartz, and Annamarie Padula, and Elaine Hoggan.
Minutes --The minutes from the October meeting were presented. Annamarie Padula moved, and Barbara Jones seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report—Annamarie Padula -- The October beginning balance was $7928.21, income was $20.00, and expenses were $228.85. The ending October balance was $7,719.36. Carolyn Levitski moved, Barbara Jones seconded the acceptance of the report. Motion passed.
Membership: Currently membership is at 807. A membership chairperson is very much needed.
Roads and Traffic—Richard Schwartz: Caltrans will be finishing mowing along Highway 243 in November, if equipment is available, clearing drains and replacing damaged reflectors. This will necessitate traffic control, and minimal delays. Seam sealing will also continue on Highway 74 and possibly on Highway 243 around the South Circle Drive intersection.
CSA 38—Marge Muir Still waiting for the county to provide budget information.
MAST--next meeting on December 2, at the Nature Center at 1:30
MDP -- The MDP participation in the “Shake-up” drill went well.
- · Holiday Shopping for Help Center Pine Cove Families will be done by Annamarie Padula and Nancy Borchers.
- · A letter on behalf of the PCPOA requesting enforcement of county law regarding marijuana sales in the unincorporated area was sent by certified mail to Mar Christian, Riverside County Code Enforcement. The three marijuana shops have been closed until further notice, after contact by Code Enforcement with the property owner. Nancy Borchers has written a letter to Supervisor Washington concerning the marijuana sales and the Hcksville Motel.
- · Private Canine Patrol—several merchants have opted to pay for private patrol service around Idyllwild businesses
- · The nominating committee will be Jerry Holldber and Nancy Borchers
- · JoAnn’s restaurant and beer garden were sold to Butterfields who plan on razing the building and returning the property to a community park. The community Tree Lighting will continue to be supported in that location. This is always held the Saturday following Thanksgiving at 4:30.
- · Dec 6—Save the date for the PCPOA Holiday gathering at Creekstone Inn at 5:30. All welcome
- · Newsletter-- A newsletter with membership application will be sent this month
Hospitality—Thanks to Barbara Jones and Marlene Pierce for treats
December meeting volunteer hostess will be Annamarie.
Next PCPOA meeting: December 2, 2017 at 9:00 AM at the Pine Cove fire station.