President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM and led the flag salute. She welcomed new members. Board members present were Elaine Hoggan, Barbara Jones, Carolyn Levitski, and Kathy Hamilton.
Minutes The minutes from the August meeting were presented. Barbara Jones moved, and Carolyn Levitski seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report—No treasurer’s report as treasurer Annamarie Padula is ill and not in attendance
Membership: Marlene Pierce reported current membership at over 800. There were two new memberships this week. Marlene commented on the many activities of this Labor Day weekend and the subsequent small number of attendees at this meeting.
CSA 38—Marge Muir commented that the real estate prices and sales are up while interest remains low. The county has approved a CSA 38 budget. It was decided to buy the smaller fire engine. Next, CSA 38 will be considering purchasing a small rescue unit. Marge reminded residents to take advantage of the AMR Community Health Program, which is a free and confidential service.
Call 951 765-3918 to schedule an appointment in your home.
MAST—Marge Muir: The next meeting will be Wednesday, September 14, at the Nature Center. Abatement is still being discussed.
· Donations: More notes of appreciation for our generous donations to the community have been received.
· 2016 Holiday Pot Luck—Date is Thursday, 5 PM on December 1 at Creekstone Inn
· Free reflective address signs available from the fire station for Pine Cove residents
· Nominating committee—if you wish to serve on the committee or the board, contact Marlene Pierce.
· Free Ice Cream Social at the Historical Society Museum, noon to 2, September 3.
· IAHS Home Tour—September 17, 2016
Hospitality—Thanks to Barbara Jones and Teresa for the coffee and treats. Carolyn will bring goodies for the October meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 AM
Next PCPOA meeting: October 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM at the Pine Cove fire station.