President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:05 AM and led the flag salute. Board members present were, Carolyn Levitski, Barbara Jones, Richard Schwartz, and Annamarie Padula, and Kathy Hamilton.
Minutes --The minutes from the September meeting were presented. Barbara Jones moved, and Annamarie Padula seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report—Annamarie Padula -- The September beginning balance was $7,778.21, income was $150.00, and there were no expenses. The ending September balance was $7,928.21 Barbara Jones moved, Carolyn Levitski seconded the acceptance of the report. Motion passed.
Membership: Currently membership is at 803. A membership chairperson is very much needed.
Roads and Traffic—Richard Schwartz: Edison contractors are doing a lot of work to prevent outages during the winter. New lines and new poles are being installed which necessitates some power off periods and blocking of some roadways by Edison equipment. Trees that interfere with power and phone lines are also being trimmed. Caltrans has been mowing weeds along 243. PCPOA has received the encroachment permit which allows our Adopt-a Highway program to continue another five years. This work is done by Richard Schwartz and Jay Mulder.
CSA 38—Jerry Holldber—No meetings are currently scheduled because no data is available from the county on last year’s budget, or this year’s proposed budget. The cost of the chipper and the fire truck has not been related by the county. The masticator has not been purchased yet. The county will reimburse PCWD for the shade cover over the fuels area.
PCWD—Jerry Holldber—In spite of the recent discovery of the theft of 2.4 million gallons of Pine Cove water for use on a marijuana grove a mile and a half away, no locks will be installed on fire hydrants as they would slow legitimate use during emergency fire situations. A resident of Meade Valley has been arrested in connection with the water theft. A much needed new tractor has been purchased with $12,000 down and a 4-year 0% loan for the balance.
MDP—The mountain MDP group will participate in the Great American Shake-Out on October 19.
- · Holiday Shopping for Help Center Pine Cove Families will be done by Annamarie Padula and Nancy Borchers.
- · Pine Cove Water theft. A suspect has been arrested and will be prosecuted.
- · The owner of a marijuana shop in town has been jailed for 5 days for contempt of court. No response to our complaints has been received from Code Enforcement. President Pierce will write a letter to Mar Christian again protesting the illegal shops.
- · The nominating committee will be Jerry Holldber and Nancy Borchers
- · Private Security—Some Idyllwild merchants have hired private security to patrol businesses
- · Edison tree trimming complaints should be filed formally with Edison
- · Oct 7 and 8—Idyllwild Quilt Show at Buckhorn Camp
- · Dec 6—Save the date for the PCPOA Holiday gathering at Creekstone Inn
Meeting adjourned at 9:50
Hospitality—Thanks to Barbara Jones and Richard Schwartz for treats
Next PCPOA meeting: November 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM at the Pine Cove fire station.