President Marlene Pierce called the meeting to order at 9:00 AM and led the flag salute. She welcomed new members. Board members present were Elaine Hoggan, Kathy Hamilton, Carolyn Levitski, Richard Schwartz, and Annamarie Padula
Minutes The minutes from the January meeting were presented. Annamarie Padula moved, and Elaine Hoggan seconded, a motion to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report—Annamarie Padula presented the treasurer’s report. The January starting balance was $10,833.76,
Income was $1,980.00, and there were no expenses. The ending balance for December was $12,813.76. Carolyn Levitski moved and Kathy Hamilton seconded a motion to approve the report. Motion passed.
Membership: Membership to date is 701, and Annamarie sent 30 more membership checks to Michael.
Nancy Borchers reported on the recent die-off of some Manzanita plants attributed to a root fungus coming from potted/canned plants being brought to the hill and planted. Marlene will check with the garden club for more information.
Roads and Traffic—Richard Schwartz Caltrans has no scheduled road closures at this time in the Idyllwild-Pine Cove areas. There is scheduled electrical work being done on the shoulder on Highway 74 near Mountain Center, but with no delays. Rock slides occur during the winter rain events and one can check road conditions online by searching CHP CAD-CHP Traffic, then typing the number of the Highway in the box provided. Information is also available by dialing 1 800 427 7623 or the CHP non-emergency number, 1 800 835 5247.
CSA 38 and MAST Marge Muir: The purchase of a new fire engine is still being discussed. A MAST meeting is scheduled for the second Wednesday at 1:00 PM at the nature center
PCWD A get well card has been sent to Jerry Holldber’s wife, Katy. Jerry has been her caregiver since her accident, and cannot attend our meeting today.
· IWD—The new IWD board has declared that they will end the Foster Lake recycled water project. Our water is safe.
· Property development at Marion Ridge and Oak Knoll. Mr. and Mrs. Harmon, neighbors to that property, have had no response from the county regarding the permits and construction. The county officer, Dietrich, does not take their calls and does not return calls President Pierce will send a letter to Supervisor Washington requesting assistance with this matter, and copies to the Town Crier. The Harmons are advised to install a split rail fence along the property line.
· Propane prices are listed in the Town Crier periodically. Call your provider for newer information.
· Snow visitors—A letter of concern over snow visitor behavior was sent to Supervisor Washington
· A letter was sent to Town Crier regarding mystery tree cutting on Sylvan Way
Meeting adjourned at 9:38
Hospitality—Thanks to Bea Smith for fabulous treats. Volunteer hostess for the March meeting is Annamarie
The meeting was adjourned at 9:35